Join our mailing list to stay up to date
In January 2020 we held a conference to explore the elements of a Green New Deal for Australia, informed by the work of some of the world’s leading progressive economists. See our video archive here.
A thriving economy providing for the needs of the people and living within the means of the planet.
We are a grassroots group of activists campaigning for urgent climate action and better economic and social justice in Australia.
– Net zero emissions by 2030
– No new fossil fuel projects, a planned phase out of current fossil fuels and an end to fossil fuel subsidies
– A planned phase out of current fossil fuel power generation
– A just transition and fair compensation for workers in fossil fuel and related industries
– Providing meaningful work for all who want it through a federally funded Job Guarantee
– A post pandemic economic recovery focussed on local projects which create jobs and provide lasting benefits for our communities
– Recognition, treaty and a voice to parliament for First Nations peoples
– Learning from the experts and evidence based research
– Empowering our members with skills and support
– Promoting these policies through grassroots, local campaigns